Agricultural Education and Communication

Agricultural Education and Communication

Graduate Program

courses / admissions / assistantships / certificates

The Agricultural Education and Communication department offers degrees of master of science and doctor of philosophy. While obtaining a degree in Agricultural Education and Communication, students may specialize in one of four areas:

The master’s degree is offered in a traditional face-to-face format for on-campus students or in an online format for students pursuing their degree from a distance. The master’s degree is designed to prepare graduates for teaching, research, extension, administrative, and leadership positions in the public and private sectors. The on-campus and distance program each typically take two years to complete.  The doctor of philosophy degree primarily prepares students for careers as university faculty and is usually completed in three years


If a minor is chosen, at least six (6) credits of work are required in the minor field. Two six-credit minors may be taken with your committee's permission. Minor work must be in an academic unit outside the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication. A representative from each minor must be on the supervisory committee. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required within the minor in order to graduate with that minor.

Students outside of the department that wish to add agricultural education and communication as a minor should contact Erica Diffenderfer ( about developing a minor for your graduate degree.


Graduate students can also obtain a certificate in addition to their degree through our department. Currently, there are two certificates available.