Graduate assistantships/fellowships are available to qualified* students on a competitive basis and are administered through the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication. Assistantships/fellowships are awarded depending on the available funding each year and are focused in the areas of teaching, research and/or extension.
Any student interested in an assistantship/fellowship must have their complete application packet –assistantship/fellowship application and essay – sent to Paula Johns. The application can be found here. With regard to the essay, applicants should include information about work-related experience and skills which would be relevant to performing teaching, research, or extension assistantship responsibilities and how these experiences and skills can contribute to the AEC department’s programs and mission. Please note that this essay is separate from the Statement of Purpose.
If you are interested in assistantship/fellowship funding, your application materials should be submitted by the first application review date to be most competitive for available funds.
- Summer or Fall admission: February 1
- Spring admission: September 1
The GatorGradCare plan is available free of charge to students on assistantship or fellowship beginning January 2007. Students who want to participate in the GatorGradCare plan must enroll through the website.
*Applicants for the Online Master of Science program are NOT eligible for fellowship/assistantship funding.
- Other Funding Resources for New Students
Other Funding Resources for Graduate Students
- AAUW Fellowship and Grants
- Academic Common Market
- CALS Awards, Grants, and Fellowships
- CALS Scholarships
- Delores Auzenne Dissertation Award
- Employee Education
- Federal Student Aid
- Financial Aid
- Funding Resources for International Students
- Graduate School Fellowship & Grant Opportunities
- Graduate School Funding Resources
- Latin American-Caribbean (LAC) Scholarship
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- Office for Student Financial Affairs Scholarship Resources
- Office of Research Funding Opportunities
- Pathways to Science Fellowship Database
- Pivot: A Comprehensive Searchable Database for Funding Opportunities
- Smathers Libraries Grants & Fellowships Funding Opportunities
- Supplemental Retention Scholarship
- UF Disability Resource Center Scholarships
- UF/Santa Fe College Faculty Development Project
- UFIC Marilyn Little Scholarship
- UFIC Scarborough Scholarship
- UFIC Study Abroad Scholarships
- UFIC Financial Resources
- USDA E. Kika De La Garza Fellowship Program