| WHY TEACH AG? | GETTING STARTED | AG ED INSTITUTE | NATIONAL TEACH AG DAY | CURRENT TEACHERS | CONTACT |
Why Teach Agriculture?
Ag teachers never have the same day twice. One day they might be in a classroom or laboratory, the next visiting students in the field, preparing teams for a FFA Career Development Event, or leading a community service activity with their FFA Chapter.
- What exactly do agriculture teachers do?
- Teach by doing, not just telling
- Share their passion for agriculture
- Create lessons that are hands-on
- Reach students, including those who might not be successful in a traditional classroom
- Teach about cutting edge topics, like cloning, satellite mapping, biofuels, alternative energy and more.
- Travel in state, nationally, and even internationally.
- Work with new and emerging technology from agribusiness companies.
Agricultural educators are often on extended contracts, which means they get paid during the summer months and have the potential to earn a significantly higher salary than other teachers.
Ready to join the best career ever?