AEC 4943/4948 CLD Internship
This page is to provide you with information regarding the AEC 4948 and 4943 internships. Most students will take AEC 4948, because it has variable credit, up to six credit hours. AEC 4943 also may be taken if students want to do a second internship. AEC 4943's credit is "set" at four hours. Students may only take up to six credits of internship.
Please keep in mind that an internship is NO LONGER A REQUIREMENT for the University of Florida Communication and Leadership Development program.
Here's what you need for the internship:
- Application Form: The application form must be submitted no later than five weeks prior to the start of the internship. Internship Application in PDF | Internship Application in Word
- Internship Guidelines and Assignments: This packet has everything you need to know about the internship process, including prerequisites, number of hours of work to receive credit hours, assignments, and forms that will need to be completed. Internship Guidelines and Assignments
- Journal Template: Students are required to submit a journal entry of the previous week's work. Use this template to capture your work information. Journal Template in PDF | Journal Template in Word
- Summaries of Internships: This Web site provides summaries of interns' experiences, from summer 2001 to today. See what interns have done.
- Internship Sites: Lists several places where students have interned in the past, along with companies that have requested interns. This is a good place to start if you don't have a good idea of where you want to intern. CLD Intern Sites
- Former Interns: Lists all of the Communication and Leadership Development interns and their internship sites/companies. Another good place to look if you don't have an idea of where to intern. List of Former CLD Interns
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Telg or your academic adviser.