Dr. Glenn Israel
Professor, Graduate Coordinator
Dr. Glenn Israel is a Professor in Program Development and Evaluation in the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication (AEC). In addition, Israel also serves as the graduate coordinator for the department.
Originally from Wilton, NH, Israel earned his Bachelor of Science from the University of New Hampshire studying community development (1979) before earning his Master of Science and doctorate degrees from Pennsylvania State University, studying rural sociology (1982, 1985, respectively).
Israel’s extension programs focus on professional development for new county faculty, training on survey design and implementation, and assessing client satisfaction. He teaches ‘Evaluating Programs in Extension Education’ and ‘Applied Data Analysis and Interpretation.’
Israel’s research currently focuses on education achievement, reducing error in surveys and evaluation of Extension programs.
Kropp, J., Abarca Orozco, S. J., Israel, G. D., Diehl, D. C., Galindo-Gonzalez, S., Headrick, L. N., & Shelnutt, K. P. 2018. A Plate Waste Evaluation of the Farm to School Program. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 50(4), 332-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneb.2017.10.005
Newberry, III, M. G., & Israel, G. D. 2018. Motivations and Psychological Benefits of Participating in the Florida Master Naturalist Program. Journal of Extension, 56(2), article 2RIB8. Available at: https://joe.org/joe/2018april/rb8.php
Taylor, M. R., Lamm, A. J., Israel, G. D., Rampold, S. D. 2018. Using the Six Americas framework to communicate and educate about global warming. Journal of Agricultural Education. Accepted.
Kumar Chaudhary, A., Warner, L., Lamm, A. J., Rumble, J., Israel, G. D., & Cantrell, R. 2017. Using the Theory of Planned Behavior to Link People to their Water Conservation Intentions. Journal of Agricultural Education, 58(3), 185-202. doi: https://doi.org/10.5032/jae.2017.03185
Newberry, III, M. G., & Israel, G. D. 2017. Comparing Two Web/Mail Mixed-Mode Contact Protocols to a Unimode Mail Survey. Field Methods, 29(3), 281-298. Prepublished June 5, 2017. doi: 10.1177/1525822X17693804.
For a complete list of his publications, check out Israel's CV!
Awards & Honors
- University Term Professorship Award, University of Florida, August, 2017 – August, 2020.
- NACTA E. B. Wright Journal Award (with Christopher Stripling and T. Grady Roberts), 2014.
- Excellence in Extension and Outreach, Rural Sociological Society. August 2013
- John T. Barnes Professorship, Department of Agricultural Education and Communication, University of Florida, January, 2011 – December, 2013
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Southern Rural Sociological Association. February, 2011
- Sustained Excellence in Program Evaluation Award of the Extension Evaluation Education Topical Interest Group of the American Evaluation Association, November, 2010
- 2006 Excellence in Research Award from Southern Rural Sociological Association
- 2001 Department of Agricultural Education and Communication’s High Impact Award in Extension, Awarded for excellence in Extension work by the AEC Department
- 1997 Excellence in Program Evaluation of the Extension Evaluation Education Topical Interest Group of the American Evaluation Association
- 1997 State Team Award to the Florida Environmental Landscape Management team by the Florida Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Phi
- 1996 Excellence in Extension and Public Service Award of the Southern Rural Sociological Association for innovativeness in community development and program evaluation