Students in the leadership minor will develop fundamental skills, capacities, and knowledge necessary to assume leadership, supervisory, or management positions in public, private, and non-profits organizations. Because the minor is interdisciplinary, it draws on the expertise of faculty and staff in colleges across the campus including Agricultural and Life Sciences, Business Administration, Health and Human Performance, Journalism and Communications, Psychology, and Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is necessary to be admitted into the minor
- Students also must earn a B or higher in AEC 3414: Leadership Development to continue in the minor.
- An overall grade point average of 3.0 in all courses taken in the minor is required for the minor to be conferred.
- Students must complete 15 hours of coursework to obtain the Leadership Minor.
- The minor must be added before a student completes 90 credit hours.
- The minor is open to all University of Florida students.
Application Due Dates
Spring applications due: Friday, February 20th 2015 by 11:59PM.
- Students interested in applying for the Leadership Minor will need to submit an electronic application at the following link. For more information, please contact Dr. Tony Andenoro, Leadership Minor Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Demographic Information:
- Classification (year and college)
- Hours Completed
- Current Minors
- Three essays (each no more than 400 words):
- Describe your previous leadership experience. Expand on opportunities you have had and positions you held. Include all relevant experiences (high school clubs, teams, collegiate organizations, work experiences, or internships).
- Describe your current leadership experiences. Expand on your current involvement with leadership (formally or informally). Discuss leadership positions you currently hold and include all relevant experiences (collegiate organizations, volunteer work, internships or work experiences).
- Envision your future. What potential do you have to create influence through leadership? How do you see a minor in leadership contributing to your personal development?
- Additional Information:
- If you are aware of any extenuating circumstances which make you ineligible, please elaborate on this issue. This could be in reference to GPA requirements, total hours earned, etc.
Students will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria: 1. Minimum criteria has been met (cumulative GPA 3.0 and less than 90 credit hours have been earned*) 2. Overall quality of his or her personal essays 3. Overall quality of the application as compared to their peers' applications.
*90 Credit Hours is a parameter that prevents students from delaying graduation in an effort to earn the minor. However if completion of the minor will not delay your graduation, this requirement can be waived. If this applies to you, please note this in your application essay.
Applications should be submitted by 11:59 PM on the previously listed date at the online application site.
AEC Featured News
- 2015 ACT Professional Development Conference
- Lamm Named 40 Under 40 in Agriculture Honoree
- Ag Institute/Farm Credit Candidates Forum
- Research: Emotionally Engaged Thinking
- 2014 Agricultural Media Summit
- 2014 NACTA Conference
- AIARD Future Leaders Forum
- 2014 CALS Awards Banquet
- AEC Members Give TEDxUF Talk
- AEC Students Serve as National FFA Officers
- ACLT Wins Scholarship
- Graduate Student Receives Award
- Early Career Service Award
- Graduate Student Travels for Summer Internship
- International Visitors
Dr. Nicole Stedman
217B Rolfs Hall
Mrs. Kristin Theus
Coordinator, Academic Support Services
113B Bryant Hall