- How to Buy a Laptop in 2011 (for the "normal person")
- Q: How do I submit my problem to IT?
A: Submit a help request and...
Use the Problem Steps Recorder. (Applies to: Windows 7)
- Q: Ideally, what state should I leave my computer in when I am away from my desk?
A: Log off, but don't turn it completely off.
Explanation: The IT department is implementing a centrally-managed power plan to ensure the greenest computing environment and increasing productivity. Click here: (link coming soon) to learn more about the specifics of this plan. Also, the IT department cannot remotely troubleshoot your PC if it has been locked because logging you off would risk losing unsaved data. Thanks for your cooperation!
- Q: How can I electronically sign a PDF in Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional the unofficial/easy way?
A: Watch the how-to video. You will need to create a JPG of your signature. Let me know if you need help, but all you need to do is scan a piece of paper with a nice version of your signature on it and crop the picture in Microsoft Office Picture Manager so that there is no extra white space around your signature. It will work for many internal UF documents, but I can't endorse it for official/important/external stuff. Use at your discretion.
- IFAS SharePoint Website: What is it and why should you use it? (ufad\gatorlink credentials required)
- Reservation PCs (step-by-step video)
- Network Folders Help
- Network Printers Help
- Videoconferencing Help
- Q: When will wireless internet be available in Rolfs Hall?
A: At the completion of the Rolfs Hall Wall-Plate Project.
- Q: What is the expected date of completion for the Rolfs Hall Wall-Plate Project?
A: Some date in the next year, but an exact date is unknown.
- All checkout laptops are configured with Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Office 2007. Third-party applications must be requested prior to reserving a laptop.
- Username: AEC
- *NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD!*
- Email Help
- Send an email to the entire department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- REQUIRED Exit Procedure
- Setting Up Junk Email Filters
- CAUTION: Do NOT log onto any PC as an administrator. This poses a serious security risk (see XP Security Vulnerabilities). Alternatively, use the RUN AS command (see how to use the RUN AS command).
- XP Security Vulnerabilities
- Principle of Least Privilege
- Use the RUN AS Command to Start a Program as an Administrator in Windows XP