Graduate assistantships are available to qualified* students on a competitive basis and are administered through the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication. Assistantships are awarded depending on the available funding each year and are focused in the area of teaching, research and/or extension.
- Complete and Print Assistantship Application (242KB PDF)
In addition to assistantships, PhD students are eligible for fellowship awards. Fellowship awards are given on a competitive basis. The Graduate Committee nominates potential PhD students for fellowships. If a potential PhD student is interested in a fellowship, they should complete the application (232KB PDF) and turn it in with their application. Below you will find a list of additional graduate fellowships available to you.
- AAUW Financial Aid for Female Graduate Students
- FAMU Feeder Fellowship
- Florida BOE Summer Fellowship Program
- Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GREP)
- The Graduate School Fellowship (GSF) Program
- The Graduate School Grinter Fellowships
- McKnight Doctoral Fellowship
- SBE Minority Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- William C. and Bertha M. Cornett Fellowship Fund
- University of Florida/Santa Fe College Faculty Development Project
- USDA E. Kirk De La Garza Fellowship Program
Deadline to apply for assistantship or fellowship
Any student interested in an assistantship or fellowship must have their complete application packet, assistantship application and essay sent to Kristin Theus by the posted application deadlines:
- February 1st for Summer/Fall admission
- September 1st for Spring admission
The GatorGradCare plan is available free of charge to students on assistantship or fellowship beginning January 2007. Students who want to participate in the GatorGradCare plan must enroll through the website.
*Applicants for the Distance Delivered Master of Science program are NOT eligible for fellowship/assistantship funding.
AEC Featured News
Dr. Grady Roberts
Interim Graduate Coordinator
Mrs. Kristin Theus
Coordinator, Academic Support Services
113B Bryant Hall