Minimum requirements for direct admission to this program:
- Anyone interested in applying to our program must apply to the University of Florida and to our department.
- 3.0 grade point average in the final 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of approximately 300 or higher will be the most competitive for admission
- Three letters of recommendation
- Employment in your area of specialization (if applying to the e-Learning Institute)
Exceptions to these requirements are subject to recommendation by the department and approval by the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences’ associate dean and the Dean of the Graduate School.
Before you begin the application process, please schedule and complete the GRE. For test site locations and registration, search at http://www.takethegre.com/.
Graduate School Application Process
The following items must be completed to be considered for admission:
- Application Form (complete online)
- Application Fee payment ($30)
- Official GRE Test Scores (also TOEFL for international students) – UF Institution code: 5812
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation (This part of the application is automated in the online application and will require contact information for your references. If they are not able to submit the forms electronically, please have your recommenders send their letters to Kristin Theus, P.O. Box 112060, Gainesville, FL 32611.
- Statement of Purpose/Letter of Intent: This brief document is a vital part of your application package and will provide you an opportunity to provide a compelling narrative of why you wish to join our program. It should summarize your professional goals, career objectives, and motivation for graduate work. (This part of the application is also automated in the online application.)
- Résumé or curriculum vitae (The online application provides the option to upload additional files as needed. Please upload a current résumé in this section of the application.)
- Fellowship/Assistantship application Any student interested in an assistantship or fellowship must have their complete application packet – assistantship application and essay – sent to Kristin Theus
UF Office of Admissions
PO Box 114000, 201 Criser Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Summer/Fall admission: February 1* (first review) | March 1 (final deadline)
Spring admission: September 1* (first review) | October 1 (final deadline)
*If you are interested in assistantship (or fellowship) funding, your application materials should be submitted by the first application review date to be most competitive for available funds.
Other Application Resources
- Graduate Admission Information from the Office of Admissions
- Applying for Admission Page from the Graduate School
- Admission to Graduation Process for Distance Students (53KB PDF)
AEC Featured News
Dr. Brian Myers
Mrs. Kristin Theus
Coordinator, Academic Support Services
113B Bryant Hall