Minimum requirements for direct admission to this program:
- Anyone interested in applying to our program must apply to the University of Florida and to our department.
- 3.0 grade point average in undergraduate course work completed after 60 hours.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of approximately 300 or higher will be the most competitive for admission
- Three letters of recommendation
- Employment in your area of specialization (if applying to the e-Learning Institute)
Exceptions to these requirements are subject to recommendation by the department and approval by the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences’ associate dean and the Dean of the Graduate School.
Before you begin the application process, please schedule and complete the GRE. For test site locations and registration, search at http://www.takethegre.com/.
Graduate School Application Process
The following items must be completed to be considered for admission:
- Application Form (complete online)
- Application Fee payment ($30)
- Official GRE Test Scores (also TOEFL for international students) – UF Institution code: 5812
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation (This part of the application is automated in the online application and will require contact information for your references. If they are not able to submit the forms electronically, please have your recommenders send their letters to Kristin Theus, P.O. Box 112060, Gainesville, FL 32611. Please do not ask your references to submit letters or any other documents to the Office of Admissions as we will not see this information. If they do not submit the recommendation electronically in the online application, they should be sent to Kristin directly at the aforementioned mailing address or at email@example.com.
- Statement of Purpose/Letter of Intent: This document is a vital part of your application package and will provide you an opportunity to provide a compelling narrative of why you wish to join our program. In this statement, describe how your background and professional interest align with the AEC Mission. Clearly articulate how the experience in our graduate program would position you for future personal &/or professional success. It should summarize your professional goals, career objectives, and motivation for graduate work in Agricultural Education and Communication. (This part of the application is also automated in the online application.) Click here to view the AEC mission statement.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae (The online application provides the option to upload additional files as needed. Please upload a current résumé in this section of the application.)
- Fellowship/Assistantship application Any student interested in an assistantship or fellowship must have their complete application packet – assistantship application and essay – sent to Kristin Theus
UF Office of Admissions
PO Box 114000, 201 Criser Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000.
Summer admission: February 1* (first review) | March 1 (final deadline)
Fall admission: February 1* (first review) | March 1 (final deadline)
Spring admission: September 1* (first review) | October 1 (final deadline)
*If you are interested in assistantship (or fellowship) funding, your application materials should be submitted by the first application review date to be most competitive for available funds.
Other Application Resources
- Graduate Admission Information from the Office of Admissions
- Applying for Admission Page from the Graduate School
- Admission to Graduation Process for Distance Students (53KB PDF)
Prospective Student Campus Visits
Campus visits provide applicants an opportunity to meet with department faculty and current graduate students as well as a chance to explore the University of Florida campus. We offer campus visits for prospective graduate students on the days listed below. If you are interested in making a reservation to attend one of these events, please contact Kristin Theus at least two weeks prior to the scheduled visit date.
- Friday, January 23, 2015
- Friday, January 30, 2015
AEC Featured News
- Graduate Students Visit D.C.
- ONE WORLD
- Cooperative Agreement
- SAAS 2015
- 2015 ACT Professional Development Conference
- Lamm Named 40 Under 40 in Agriculture Honoree
- Ag Institute/Farm Credit Candidates Forum
- Research: Emotionally Engaged Thinking
- 2014 Agricultural Media Summit
- 2014 NACTA Conference
- AIARD Future Leaders Forum
- 2014 CALS Awards Banquet
- AEC Members Give TEDxUF Talk
- AEC Students Serve as National FFA Officers
- ACLT Wins Scholarship
- Graduate Student Receives Award
- Early Career Service Award
- Graduate Student Travels for Summer Internship
- International Visitors
Dr. Brian Myers
Mrs. Kristin Theus
Coordinator, Academic Support Services
113B Bryant Hall