Dr. Tony Andenoro
Assistant Professor of Agricultural Education and Communication, Director of Challenge 2050 Project
Tony Andenoro is currently serving as an Assistant Professor of Leadership Education within the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication and Director of the Challenge 2050 Project at the University of Florida. He has held academic and student affairs positions at various universities including Gonzaga University, Fort Hays State University, Texas A&M University, John Carroll University, Prairie View A&M University, and Coastal Carolina University. He earned a BA in Communication from the University of Toledo, a MS in Educational Administration from Texas A&M University, and a PhD in Agricultural Education with an emphasis in leadership from Texas A&M University.
His research interests include the development of creativity and intelligence in leadership, using storytelling as a vehicle for the development of self-awareness, the development of emotionally intelligent instruction and instructors, and the globalization leadership curricula. Tony has published several articles in journals, including the Journal of Leadership Studies, Journal of Business & Leadership, the Journal of Leadership Education, Educational Considerations, and others. He is particularly excited about his newest research venture, an examination socially vulnerable contexts and the potential impact of hardiness training on the development resilient and sustainable communities.
He is also heavily involved in international and national service through his work as the President for the Association of Leadership Educators, as a member of the International Leadership Association, and as the Associate Editor for Leadership for the Journal of Business and Leadership.
Tony originally hales from Cleveland, OH and enjoys golfing, camping, playing volleyball, and rooting for the Gators!
- Andenoro, A.C. & Brown, A.J., (Under Review). Understanding creativity & innovation within higher education settings: A foundation for addressing organizational crisis. Journal of Organizational Behavior.
- Andenoro, A.C. (2013). The inaugural national leadership education research agenda: A new direction for the field. Journal of Leadership Education, 6(2), 1-8.
- Andenoro, A.C., Popa, A.B., Bletscher, C.G., & Albert, J. (2012). Storytelling as a vehicle for self-awareness: Establishing a foundation for intercultural competence. Journal of Leadership Studies. 12(1), 102-109.
- Andenoro, A.C. & Bletscher, C.G. (2012). Transforming the international learning experience for students: Moving beyond the principle of accompaniment. Journal of Leadership Studies. 6(1), 52-57.
- Nagel, C. & Andenoro, A.C. (2012). Healing leadership: The serving leader’s impact on patient outcomes in a clinical environment. Journal of Healthcare Leadership. 4, 25-31.
- Popa, A.B, Hazel, M., Whatley, L.R., Andenoro, A.C., & Crandall, H.M. (2012). What is the Role of Perceived Leadership Capacity in Presidential Politics? Young Voters Perceptions of Candidates’ Leadership Practices and the 2008 U.S. Presidential Race. Journal of Leadership Studies. 5(3), 25-39.
- Popa, A.B. & Andenoro, A.C. (2010). The perceived relationships between leadership practices and job attitudes in human service organizations. Journal of Business & Leadership, 5(2), 56-67.
- Sage, A.J. & Andenoro, A.C. (2010). Examining communication effectiveness within multigenerational organizations. Journal of Business & Leadership, 5(1), 38-47.
- Arensdorf, J. A. & Andenoro, A. C. (2009). Creating a paradigm for engaged citizenship: Connecting contextual learning to applied practice. Educational Considerations, 37(1), 19-24.
- Andenoro, A. C., & Ward, S. D. (2009). Infusion of popular culture: A catalytic approach to developing critical thinking in undergraduate leadership students. Journal of Business & Leadership, 4(2), 85-94.
- Andenoro, A. C., Murphrey, T. P., & Dooley, K.E. (2008). Globalizing leadership curriculum: A priority for the development of international leaders. Journal of Business & Leadership, 4(1), 87-94.
- Stedman, N.L.P. & Andenoro, A.C. (2007). Identification of relationships between emotional intelligence and critical thinking disposition in undergraduate leadership students. Journal of Leadership Education, 6(2), 190-208.
Awards & Honors
- Torch Award Nominee & Finalist, Fort Hays State University, Given to the most outstanding teacher at FHSU yearly, May 2008.
- Alpha Gamma Rho – National Agricultural Fraternity. Fort Hays State University, Honorary Faculty Member, February 2008 – Present
- Alpha Kappa Psi – National Professional Business Fraternity, Fort Hays State University – Honorary Faculty Member, November 2007 – Present
- Gamma Sigma Delta – International Honor Society of Agriculture, Texas A&M University Chapter – Member, April 2005 – Present
- Phi Beta Delta – Honor Society for International Scholars, Alpha Eta Chapter – Member, October 2004 – Present
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, Texas A&M University 2000-2001
- Enhancing Diversity Award, Texas A&M University, 2001
- Kappa Delta Pi – International Honor Society in Education, Mu Chi Chapter 310 – Member, April 2001 – Present