Dr. Sebastian Galindo
Research Assistant Professor, Agricultural Education and Communication
Dr. Galindo is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication (AEC) at the University of Florida. He earned his Ph.D. from AEC in 2009, with a concentration in extension program development and evaluation, and previously received the MS degree from the Department of Animal Sciences at UF and the DVM from the School of Veterinary Medicine at the Universidad Veracruzana (Veracruz, Mexico).
Dr. Galindo is currently responsible for designing and executing the evaluation components for a variety of multidisciplinary projects in collaboration with a number of scientists inside and outside UF. His experience also includes being a consultant on methodology and evaluation for projects conducted by the Rehabilitation Outcomes Research Center of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the Southeastern National Tuberculosis Center and the Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants at UF.
Referred publications & proceedings
- Brodeur, C.W., C. Higgins, S. Galindo-Gonzalez, D.D. Craige, and T. Haile. 2011. Designing a competency-based new county Extension personnel training program: A novel approach. Journal of Extension, 49(3)
- Galindo-Gonzalez, S. & G. D. Israel. 2010. The influence of type of contact with Extension on client satisfaction. Journal of Extension. 48(1)
- Israel, G.D., B.E. Myers, S. Galindo-Gonzalez, & A.J. Lamm 2010. Agricultural and Natural Resource CTE Programs and Science Achievement: How Does It Compare with Other CTE Programs? 2010 Southern Region AAAE Conference Proceedings, pages 256-271. Available at: http://aaaeonline.org/uploads/allconferences/2-5-2010_130_Final_Proceedings.pdf
- Israel, G. D. & S. Galindo-Gonzalez. 2009. Diverse market segments and customer satisfaction: Does Extension serve all clients well? Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 16(1):89-103.
- Galindo-Gonzalez, S., & G.D. Israel. 2009. An examination of customer satisfaction in the GGAVATT program in Veracruz, Mexico. Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education: Proceedings of the 25th Annual Meeting, 25: 205-212.
- Galindo-Gonzalez, S., J. D. Arthington, J. Yelich, G. Hansen, G. C. Lamb, and A. de Vries. 2007. Effects of cow parity on voluntary hay intake and performance responses to early weaning of beef calves. Livestock Science, 110:148-153.
- Galindo-Gonzalez, S., J. D. Arthington, S. W. Coleman, and A. de Vries. 2006. Case study: Evaluation of milk production and energy partitioning in primiparous Braford heifers calving at two- vs. three-years of age. The Professional Animal Scientist, 22: 467-471
- Galindo-Gonzalez, S., J. D. Arthington, and A. de Vries. 2005. Effects of beef cow parity on responses to early calf weaning. J. Anim. Sci. 83(Suppl. 2):32.
Peer reviewed extension publications
- Israel, G. D., D. Diehl, & S. Galindo-Gonzalez. (2009) Evaluation Situations, Stakeholders, and Strategies. EDIS. Gainesville, FL. Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida.
- Israel, G. D. & S. Galindo-Gonzalez. (2008). Using Focus Group Interviews for Planning or Evaluating Extension Programs. EDIS. Gainesville, FL. Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida.
- Galindo-Gonzalez, S. & G. D. Israel. 2008. Using Sondeos for Program Development and Evaluation. EDIS. Gainesville, FL. Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida.
- Galindo-Gonzalez, S., G. D. Israel, M. Weston, & K. A. Israel. 2008. Extension program and customer satisfaction: Are we serving all clients well? EDIS. Gainesville, FL. Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida.
- Place, N.T. and S. Galindo-Gonzalez. (2007). Education through Cooperative Extension. Chapter 10: Extension Experience around the World. Other authors: Seevers, B., Graham, D., & Conklin, N. Publisher: Curriculum Materials Service, Ohio State University. Columbus, Ohio.
- Breuer, N., G. Canales, V. Cabrera, P.E. Hildebrand, S. Galindo-Gonzalez, T. Kulstad, T. Manganyi, M. Morris, L. Ramos, E. Stonebrook, and D. Toro. 2005. Potential applications of seasonal climate forecasts for water management and Extension Agent perceptions of water issues in South Florida. Southeast Climate Consortium Technical Report Series: SECC-05-005, Gainesville, FL, December 2005.
Awards and Honors
- 2008 Outstanding International Student Award, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- 2009 Jimmy G. Cheek Graduate Student Medal of Excellence Award, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL; 2009