Dr. Lisa Lundy
Associate Professor of Agricultural Education and Communication
Lisa Lundy is an Associate Professor, teaching Agricultural Communication. She received her BS in Advertising (UF) in 1999, followed by her Masters (2001) and Ph.D. (2004) in Agricultural Education and Communication (UF).
Lundy is an accredited public relations (APR) professional and has worked in higher education and non-profit public relations. From 2004 to 2015, she taught public relations at LSU's Manship School of Mass Communication. She served the Manship School as Associate Dean for Sponsored Research & Programs from July 2010 through June 2012.
Lundy was an SEC Academic Leadership Fellow in 2011-2012, participating in a year-long professional development program that seeks to identify, prepare and advance academic leaders for roles within SEC institutions and beyond. Her current research focuses on the role of culture and social media in food and water conservation communication.
- Diddi, P. & L.K. Lundy. (2017). Organizational Twitter Use: Content Analysis of Tweets During Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Journal of Health Communication, 22(3).
- Epstein, J., Lundy, L. K. & A. Lamm. (2017). Water Use in Florida: Applying a Visual Semiotics-Framing Approach to Understand Perceptions. Journal of Applied Communications, 101(1).
- Rogers, T., Rumble, J. & L. K. Lundy. (2016). A Framing Analysis of the Captain Citrus Campaign. Journal of Applied Communications, 100(3).
- Lundy, L. K. (2016). Communicating Compassion: A Narrative Analysis of Compassion International’s Blogger Engagement Program. Public Relations Journal, 10(1).
- Lamm, A., Lundy, L. K., Warner, L. & K. Lamm. (2016). Associating Importance with Behavior: Providing Direction for Water Conservation Communication. Journal of Applied Communications, 100(2).
- Jeong, Y. & L. Lundy (2015). Evaluating Food Labels and Food Messages: An Experimental Study of the Impact of Message Format and Product Type on Evaluations of Magazine Food Advertisements, Journal of Applied Communications, 99(1).
- Arrazattee, C. K., M. Lima & L. Lundy (2013). Do University Communications About Campus-Community Partnerships Reflect Core Engagement Principles? Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning, 20(1).
- Song, F. W., J. E. West, L. Lundy & N. Dahmen. (2012). Women, Pregnancy, and Health Information Online: The Making of Informed Patients and Ideal Mothers. Gender & Society, 26(3).
- Lundy, L. (2011). The Religious Conservative Voter. In R. Mann & D. Perlmutter, Eds, Political Communication: The Manship School Guide. LSU Press.
- Dailey, J. & Lundy, L. (2010). Coastal Erosion: Journalism Defines the Issue. In R. Izard & J. Perkins, Eds, Learning from Tragedy: Strengths, Weaknesses and Lessons of Media Coverage of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina.
- Lundy, L. & Broussard, J. (2010). Public relations in the eye of the storm: Balancing accommodation and advocacy in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. In R. Izard & J. Perkins, Eds, Learning from Tragedy: Strengths, Weaknesses and Lessons of Media Coverage of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina.
- Lundy, L., Ruth, A. & Park, T. (2008). Simply Irresistible: Reality TV Consumption Patterns. Communication Quarterly, 56(2).
- Lundy, L. K. (2008). The effect of message frames on attitudes toward internationalizing agricultural extension. Journal of Applied Communications, 91(1-2).
- Lundy, L. K., Ruth, A. M., & Park, T. M. (2008). Entertainment and agriculture: An examination of the impact of entertainment media on perceptions of agriculture. Journal of Applied Communications, 91(1-2).
- Golan, G.J., Banning, S.A. & Lundy, L. (2008). Likelihood to Vote, Candidate Choice, and the Third-Person Effect: Behavioral Implications of Political Advertising in the 2004 Presidential Election. American Behavioral Scientist, 52(2).
- Lundy, L. K. & Broussard, J. (2007). Public relations in the eye of the storm: Lessons from professionals in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Public Relations Review, 33(2).
- Lundy, L. K. (2006). Effect of Framing on Cognitive Processing in Public Relations. Public Relations Review, 32(3).
- Ruth, A., Lundy, L. K., Telg, R., & Irani, T. (2005). Trying to Relate: Media Relations Training Needs of Agricultural Scientists. Science Communication, 27(1).
Awards & Honors
- 2012, Southern Public Relations Federation, Lantern Award for Public Service Campaign project with the 2012 LSU Bateman Team – served as their faculty advisor
- 2011, Southern Region Pioneer Award – Association for Communication Excellence in Agriculture, Natural Resources, Life and Human Sciences (ACE)
- 2011, Southeastern Conference Academic Consortium (SECAC) Academic Leadership Program Fellow