Dr. Glenn Israel
Professor and Graduate Coordinator of Agricultural Education and Communication
Dr. Glenn Israel is a Professor in Program Development and Evaluation in the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication. His assignment is 50% extension, 35% research and 15% teaching.
Dr. Israel’s extension programs focus on professional development for new county faculty, training on survey design and implementation, and assessing client satisfaction. He teaches ‘Evaluating Programs in Extension Education’ and ‘Applied Data Analysis and Interpretation’.
Dr. Israel’s research currently focuses on educational achievement, reducing error in surveys and evaluation of Extension programs.
- Israel, G. D. 2013. Combining Mail and E-mail Contacts to Facilitate Participation in Mixed-Mode Surveys. Social science computer review. 31, 3, 346-358. Published online November 28, 2012. doi: 10.1177/0894439312464942. Available at: http://ssc.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/11/26/0894439312464942
- Lamm, A. J., Israel, G. D., & Diehl, D. 2013. A national perspective on the current evaluation activities in Extension. Journal of extension, 51(1), article 1FEA1. Available at: http://www.joe.org/joe/2013february/a1.php
- Lamm, A. J., & Israel, G. D. 2013. A National Examination of Extension Professionals’ Use of Evaluation: Does Intended Use Improve Effort? Journal of Human Sciences and Extension, 1, 1, 49-62. Available at: http://media.wix.com/ugd//c8fe6e_5b9eec9ff883f1d0efcd9f0731f0c857.pdf
- Israel, G. D. 2013. Using Mixed-mode Contacts in Client Surveys: Getting More Bang for Your Buck. Journal of extension, 51(3), article 3FEA1. Available at: http://www.joe.org/joe/2013june/a1.php
- Bunch, J. C., Lamm, A. J., Israel, G. D., & Edwards, C. 2013. Assessing the Motivation and Barriers Influencing Undergraduate Students’ Choices to Participate in International Experiences. Journal of agricultural education, 54(2), 217-231. doi: 10.5032/jae.2013.02217. Available at:http://www.jae-online.org/attachments/article/1750/54.2.16%20Bunch.pdf
Awards and Honors
- Excellence in Extension and Outreach, Rural Sociological Society. August 2013
- John T. Barnes Professorship, Department of Agricultural Education and Communication, University of Florida, January, 2011 – December, 2013
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Southern Rural Sociological Association. February, 2011
- Sustained Excellence in Program Evaluation Award of the Extension Evaluation Education Topical Interest Group of the American Evaluation Association, November, 2010
- 2006 Excellence in Research Award from Southern Rural Sociological Association
- 2001 Department of Agricultural Education and Communication’s High Impact Award in Extension, Awarded for excellence in Extension work by the AEC Department
- 1997 Excellence in Program Evaluation of the Extension Evaluation Education Topical Interest Group of the American Evaluation Association
- 1997 State Team Award to the Florida Environmental Landscape Management team by the Florida Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Phi
- 1996 Excellence in Extension and Public Service Award of the Southern Rural Sociological Association for innovativeness in community development and program evaluation