117B Bryant Hall, PO Box 112060
Gainesville, FL 32611
- Texas A&M University, Ph.D., Agricultural Education, 2007
- Colorado State University, M.Agr., Extension Education, 2001
- Colorado State University, B.S., Equine Science, 2000
- Academic Development of Extension Agents
- Competency Development for Extension Agents
- Extension Program Development
- Harder, A., Moore, A., Mazurkewicz, M., & Benge, M. (in press). Problems impacting Extension program quality at the county level: Results from an analysis of county program reviews conducted in Florida. Journal of Extension.
- Harder, A., Lamm, A., Roberts, T. G., Navarro, M., & Ricketts, J. (2012). Using a preflective activity to identify faculty beliefs prior to an international professional development experience. Journal of Agricultural Education, 53(4), 1-13. doi: 10.5032/jae.2012.04001
- Strong, R., & Harder, A. (2012). Developing an instrument to examine Master Gardeners’ participation motives. Journal of Agricultural Education, 53(3), 71-83. doi: 10.5032/jae.2012.03071
- Lamm, A. J., Israel, G. D., & Harder, A. (2011). Getting to the bottom line: How using evaluation results to enhance extension programs can lead to greater levels of accountability. Journal of Agricultural Education, 52(4), 44-55.
- Harder, A., Scheer, S., & Place, N. (2011). Improving the future of U.S. Cooperative Extension: A Delphi study. Journal of Extension Systems, 27(2), 1-10.
- Harder, A., Place, N., & Scheer, S. (in press). Towards a competency-based extension education curriculum: A Delphi study. Journal of Agricultural Education.
- Harder, A., Roberts, T. G., Stedman, N. L. P., Thoron, A., & Myers, B. E. (2009). An analysis of the teaching competencies of agricultural and life sciences faculty. NACTA Journal, 53(4), 49-55.
- Harder, A., Mashburn, D., & Benge, M. (2009). An assessment of extension education curriculum at land-grant universities.Journal of Agricultural Education, 50(3), 22-32.
- Harder, A., Lamm, A., & Strong, R. (2009). An analysis of the priority needs of Cooperative Extension at the county level.Journal of Agricultural Education, 50(3), 11-21.
Awards & Honors
- 2012 Early Career Award, Epsilon Sigma Phi, National Honorary Extension Fraternity, Alpha Delta Chapter
- 2010 Outstanding Early Achievement Award, Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education
- AEC 3313: Role and Development of Cooperative Extension
- AEC6300: Methods of Planned Change
- AEC 6316: From America to Zimbabwe, An Overview of International Extension Systems
- AEC 6512: Program Development in Extension Education
Membership in Professional Organizations
- American Association for Agricultural Education
- Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education – Managing Editor of the Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education
- Epsilon Sigma Phi – District Director for State Faculty